A Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse was established and six Commissioners were appointed on 11 January 2013.
Thousands of people shared their story through private sessions with the Commissioners. Registrations for private sessions ended on 30 September 2016 and the Royal Commission was concluded in December 2017.READ MORE >
Lotus Place staff supported people who experienced childhood abuse in an institutional setting through the process of registering with the Royal Commission in several ways:
- we provided information
- assisted people to participate
- referred people to appropriate services.
For more information please contact Lotus Place.
Please find below links to relevant information:
- Final Report of the Royal Commission
- Video of Justice Peter McClellan giving the final address
- Article by Francis Sullivan, CEO Australia's Truth, Justice and Healing Council, 19 December 2017
- Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- Royal commission into sexual abuse: Issue of redress must be a priority, commissioner says. ABC News 27 March 2017