Feedback and Complaints
We value your feedback. Giving feedback, compliments, making a complaint, or offering a suggestion can help improve our service.
Pay us a compliment
Everyone loves to hear when they have done something well, and at Lotus Place we are no different. If you have something nice to say about us please email us and tell us what you liked about the service you received.
Give us feedback or make a complaint
Lotus Place is committed to improving our services and programs, and we value the opportunity to hear about your experience with us. Concerns may be raised by people, families or guardians who choose to work with us, our community partners, or the general public.
We aim to respond quickly and offer a process that is user friendly and protects the rights of the person giving feedback or making a complaint. Your feedback or complaint will be handled confidentially and you will receive feedback about what we have done to respond to your feedback/complaint. Please be mindful we operate under the Privacy Act and therefore we may not be able to discuss matters without your consent.
STEP 1: YOU CONTACT US
Talk to someone at Lotus Place or Micah Projects. Either:
- In person
- Phone the Lotus Place Team Leader on 3347 8500
- Phone Micah Projects on 3029 7000 and ask to speak with the Feedback and Complaints Officer
- Complete the Feedback Form or write a letter and email it to us, or post to PO Box 3449, South Brisbane Q 4101. Lotus Place and Micah Projects staff will be happy to assist you if needed.
STEP 2: WE CONTACT YOU
We will contact you as soon as possible (and certainly within 5 working days) to let you know we have received your feedback or complaint. We will discuss the next steps we intend to take to work through your concerns.
STEP 3: WE WORK WITH YOU TO RESOLVE YOUR CONCERNS
We may need to obtain more information from you or simply discuss your concerns further in order to work out the best outcome.
STEP 4: A RESOLUTION IS REACHED
We work to achieve a mutually agreeable outcome within 30 working days of first contacting you about your feedback or complaint.
Your right to take it further
If at any time you are unhappy with how we are handling your concerns, you may take your complaint to:
The funding body for the relevant program
Contact the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women by:
- Phone 1800 080 464 (free call)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online form www.complaints.services.qld.gov.au
- Mail to Complaints Unit, Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women, Locked Bag 3405, Brisbane, Q 4001
Queensland Office of Health Ombudsman (regarding health issues)
Phone 13 36 46