Lotus Support Services
The National Redress Scheme provides acknowledgement and support to people who experienced institutional child sexual abuse.
The scheme has been developed by the Federal Government in response to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. Participation in the scheme is an important step towards people who have experienced institutional child sexual abuse receiving the recognition, respect and support they deserve.READ MORE >
The scheme started on 1 July 2018 and will run for 10 years. The Federal Government is running the scheme.
The scheme can provide:
- a monetary payment
- access to counselling and psychological care
- a direct personal response – such as an apology from the responsible institution (or institutions) for people who choose this.
Applying for Redress
Lotus Support Services–Micah Projects can assist people to apply for Redress.
You can apply to the National Redress Scheme if you:
- experienced institutional child sexual abuse before 1 July 2018, and
- were born before 30 June 2010, and
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Please contact us if you would like support to apply for Redress.
Please visit the National Redress Scheme website for more information.
Please the National Redress Scheme website or the Queensland Government’s participation in the National Redress Scheme webpage for more information.